We’re in 2014 and most people still tend to believe that the word “Diet” means nothing more than some weight loss program that you must starve yourself to get in the best shape you could possibly reach. People have a false impression on diet as an idea, your eating habit is your own diet and unfortunately not all diets are good ones.
So if you’re one of those unfortunate people that are following a bad diet it’s never too late to start changing your diet to a better and healthier one.
What Is Paleo Diet?
Paleo diet, also known as the Stone Age diet, Caveman diet, and Hunter gatherer diet was one of the most searched diets online in the early days of 2013. It’s a diet where you don’t need to count no calories, How is that even possible? Let me tell you.
Paleo diet is a low carbohydrates diet, based on eating just unprocessed food such as (fruits, vegetables, seafood, fowl, lean meat, etc.) while emulating all processed food such as (grains, dairy, legumes, sugar, etc.) basically if our ancestors didn’t eat you don’t eat it!
How Does The Theory Really Work?
By this point I’m sure you’re wondering does this diet really work. How would cutting down grains and dairy products actually help me?
To save you from the confusion, here’s how the caveman diet work, during our modern days we started to depend on grains, corn, rise, cereal and pasta while these stuff taste real good they contain a lot of carbs, once you eat them these carbs would turn into glucose ( it’s a type of sugar that your body forms ) our body use the glucose as a source of energy, till now all that sound really good and harmless but what you don’t know is, any glucose in your body that isn’t used as energy will be automatically stored as fat! And no one likes fat, therefore less carbs means less glucose and the result would be that your body will start to burn actual fat instead of just burning glucose to fuel you with energy!
Carbohydrates are really important for our body, our bodies can live on less carbs, so it’s better to get them from vegetables than grains and legumes, because unlike grains you can eat as much vegetables as you want without getting fat.
What’s Okay To Eat And What Isn’t?
To know what you should eat when you’re following the Paleo diet here’s a list of the stuff that are okay to eat and the stuff that you’re supposed to avoid.
The okay food
- Fruits: apples, strawberries, watermelons, etc…
- Vegetables: tomatoes, broccoli, etc…
- Nuts and seeds: almond, walnut, etc. P.S: some nuts and seeds have a large amount of calories, so stay as moderate as you can when consuming seeds and nuts.
- Lean meat: beef, chicken, pork, turkey, etc…
- Seafood: fish, shrimp, lobster, etc…
- Healthy oils: olive oil, coconut oil, etc…
The avoidable food
- Dairy products
- Grains: pasta, rice, bread, wheat, etc …
- Legumes: peanuts, beans, etc…
- Processed food and sugar: any food or sugar with the label diet or low fat is a big no.
The Paleo Benefits
- While some people have difficulty keeping track with how much calories they’ve consumed, you wouldn’t be facing that struggle, simply because you’ll eating low carbohydrates, healthy food.
- Say goodbye to being hungry all the time, this isn’t starve yourself to death kind of diet, it’s an eat healthy get in a better shape diet, you can eat as much vegetables and fruits as you wish and you won’t have to worry about gaining weight.
- You’ll be getting a lot of fiber and water which would help you with reducing bloating and gas.
- You’ll get rid of the fat and start building muscles.
- You’ll feel more energetic than usual.
- Stable blood sugar.
- Help you lose weight, Paelo diet is a low carbs diet, therefore you knocking off pounds is guaranteed.
- Getting in a great healthy shape.
You can learn more about the benefits and recipes of Paleo at: Paleohacks Cookbook Review